Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Crazy Day Gone Good

     Hello I just thought you'd like to know how my day went.
It started out by shoveling our driveway from the new fallen snow (which is beautiful).  As Logan took the snowblower I grabbed the big shovel and did my best to push it to the edge.  Although I'm more of a small shovel, scoop, and throw type person.  Meanwhile I was wondering why I was shoveling and Logan hadn't even made a dent!  It was then I realized something was wrong with the snowblower.  I helped him fix it and it runs smooth once more!  However this is not the crazy part of the day! This is.
   
Well it was an average day, you know, Logan, mom, and I just doing school.  Logan asked me to do Latin with him, but I still was working on some other subject so I said in 5 minutes.  In about half that time I hear HUH,HUH coming from Logan.  Here I was thinking he's just trying to get me downstairs quicker so when he hobbled up the stairs I didn't even look at him.  All I said was "So, just screaming for no reason are we?"  Then I noticed he responded with "Abby" in way he only uses when he is annoyed with me, which made me curious.  I followed him into the bathroom and soon found out he was throwing a skewer at a cardboard box when it just suddenly went all the way through his foot and sock!  Which is why he went HUH, HUH.  Blood was dripping and forming a small pool and mom was being frantic.  I did what I could (which was very little) when Logan was feeling light headed and he said the light was all blurry.  Then we decided to lay him down on the carpet with some pillows.  After a couple minutes when Logan was himself again.  I made a comment which was " Hey, now you're just a little more Christ-like." Though when repeated to dad he didn't think it was funny.  

After a while everything was back to normal.  Hours passed and I got a call from Eva (good friend of mine) wanting to go sledding.  When it was affirmed I could go we were standing at the top of the hill in no time.  It was fresh powder and no one he's gone sledding yet.  Which was a exiting thought until I realized I couldn't go down the hill because it was to fluffy! Although I just kept watching Eva glide down like a feather, while I kept digging into the ground with my sled.  After awhile I got a good path going and was able to participate in the activity.  When we got cold and tired we just stayed at the bottom of the hill taking in the beauty around us.  We got up after laying in the snow and was walking toward the playground when I heard a crack under my feet.  I heard it when we were first walking up the hill but didn't let myself see what it was.  However, this time my curiosity overwhelmed me.  I bent down and dug, I hit ice but kept seeing how far it went.  Then began the great mining experience!  Eva and I decided to keep hacking at the ice and we got large and small pieces.  We probably did this for about 30-45 minutes.  The first big one we overturned Eva made a hysterical comment" Ew!  Look at the ground, it's so gross!  You know someone's been in winter to long when they think the ground is gross."  In a way it was true.  Though I tend to miss the light color of dirt.  

A bit later Eva's sister came and picked us up.  As I was opening the trunk to grab my sleds I broke the handle!  Even with hearing Eva say it has happended before I still felt bad watching them depart with a broken handle.  

That pretty much sums up my day, although I wish I was a little more diligent in writing more.  I hope to do so because I just recently found out people still check my blog.  And I hadn't written since October 31st!
Hopefully I will regain my love for writing.  Sometimes I forget what a blessing God gave me by even having this blog. Can you imagine all the things that God blessed you with that you forgot was even there?  That is something to ponder on...

~Requested by a special friend




5 comments:

  1. Love your writings Abs you have a very unique viewpoint ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a talent, Abby! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is so interesting with a nice words on "Crazy Day Gone Good". Mcx Tips Free Trial
    Sure Shot Mcx Tips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further post thank you once again. Nice article and pleasant arguments commented here, I am genuinely enjoying by these. And don't forgrt to give your valuable review on my work

    ReplyDelete