Friday, April 24, 2015

Unique Swimmers

     For a couple weeks now I have been yearning to have some fish to bring our house to life, because we have no animals.  Well, I had to wait a long time and then poof!  We were at Mini Critters , and I picked out a fish type called Mollies.  I didn't know that I had to wait and purify my water for 2 weeks because they were tropical, or something like that.   Disappointed, I got two gold fish and put them in a vase.  My oh my they were cute, and I watched them at night with my mom before bed.  They were circling the top so I put food in thinking they were hungry. I woke up next morning and one was dead.  I realized they didn't have any oxygen, so with the remaining one we put him in my 10 gallon tank that had a heater for my tropical fish.  Right when we did so he was swimming happily and then, zap, my fish was dead.  Couple minutes later I realized I had electrocuted him!  Turns out my thin glass for my heater broke and filled with water, which killed my fish. What a great fish owner I am!  So we decided that we would just wait for the water to be right until we add fish.
     I waited and waited and then forgot about fish one day, Monday.  Anyways it was a super busy morning and afternoon because we were helping my Grandpa, who owns the Steak House, line his dining room with tape and plastic and lying down drop rugs.  They were going to repaint.  It doesn't sound hard, it just took time and tiny strength. Well about noon time my dad wanted to take me somewhere.  We were just about to walk out the door when everyone got hungry, so we made hamburgers.  Then I was assigned to the job of fill salt and pepper shakers.  Not fun for the nose.  The whole family helped me with that one because there was so many to fill.
We then left with the family to be back at 2:30, my dad and I made a quick stop at the house, which turned out to be 45 minutes of talk with mom.  I was waiting patiently and started to clean my room, then my dad said "Lets go, what are you waiting for?" I replied "Me? You're the one talking."  I watched him go into my room so I followed.  Most kids know if there dad comes into their room for no reason, something is up.  He was taking water out of my fish tank! I knew what that meant!  So we left for Mini Critters and for bought 4 Mollies.  They were beautiful and so interesting to watch.
Well next morning one of my girl fish was dead, because I stressed her I guess. So we replaced her with a new white one.  Although, nature took its place in my room.  I put the white one in the tank and my fish who just lost his girl was still grieving, so the other male took over both females.  I just want to separate them, but nature is nature.
Good news is , I still have 4 fish for over 24 hours!
Little tip like what they have in movies: Stay tuned and keep watching for the next interesting blog that tells its story about something black and white. Can you guess? Better come back to find out!

Isn't the creatures God makes amazing?  Therefore I thank God for these unique fish, and that I get the honor to watch them.

4 comments:

  1. My fault for the death by electrocution honey, not yours. It was me who cracked the tank heater, not you. Chalk up the zapping to Dad, no need to cover for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great and impressive post about "Unique Swimmers". MCX TIPS FREE TRIAL
    SILVER UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely, be creative and unique and the possibilities are limitless.
    i99bet

    ReplyDelete